DigiSave, Achieve’s maiden offering offers you the flexibility to invest towards your long-term goals while having access to your money within the shortest possible time to meet expenses that sneak up on you in the short-term.
A significant benefit of DigiSave is that it does not come with any lock-in period. You can withdraw any amount, and the withdrawal is processed within 24 working hours of application. For instance, while saving towards your building project, you can easily withdraw using your phone and receive your money into your mobile money wallet within 24 working hours to cover an emergency.
Your DigiSave contributions are invested in the Plus Income Fund – an open-ended mutual fund managed by Blackstar Advisors (“The Fund Manager”) and held with Stanbic Bank for safe keeping.
To ensure successful investing, you need to develop saving habits that ensure consistency in savings and strategy – thus you need to stay the course. To ensure that you do not change course during your investment horizon, you need to have rock-solid belief in the investment strategy of your investment manager. You can achieve this by following the simple steps below;
- Understand the strategy of your investment manager;
- Understand the opportunities that exist for that strategy;
- Ensure that the Fund Manager has the necessary expertise to successfully implement the strategy;
- Ensure that your objectives are aligned with the objective of the investment vehicle;
- Start saving, save consistently and stay the course.
Key Facts about the Plus Income Fund (Your investment)
|Fund Size||GHC 16 Million|
|Initial Investment Amount||GHC 10|
|Management Fees||2.0% per annum|
|Inception Date||October 2019|
|Fund Type||Fixed Income Fund|
- Who can invest in the Plus Income Fund?
Ans: Any investor with a low to medium risk profile and the objective to make steady gains on their investment.
- What is the investment strategy for the Plus Income Fund?
Ans: Active investments in high quality Government of Ghana and Local Government Securities. This primarily involves investments in financial instruments such as treasury bills and bonds.
- Risk inherent in investment strategy and how the Fund Manager guards against those risks:
Ans: The Plus Income Fund is an open-ended mutual fund and price of shares may fluctuate according the performance of the underlying assets as well as market conditions. Thus, economic, financial, or capital market conditions may affect the performance of underlying securities resulting in fluctuations in share price.
Additionally, the Fund’s performance may be influenced by the performance of the companies invested in by the Fund.
The Fund Manager guards against these risks by diversifying across the fixed income asset class and conducting frequent and thorough analysis of factors that may affect the performance and quality of each investment.
NB: Kindly refer to the Fund prospectus to learn more about risk and risk mitigating strategies.
About the Fund Manager (Your Investment Manager)
- Who is the Fund Manager?
- Blackstar Advisors is an asset management and investment advisory company, that provides across-the-board investment solutions utilizing a multi manager investment philosophy. We help our clients gain access to the people and perspectives that can help unearth investment opportunities.
- The Fund Manager’s Investment Philosophy – Beliefs that drive excellent performance:
- Discipline – Decisions are an output of a logical and disciplined investment process.
- Active Management – Exploit opportunities such that portfolio always reflects the best investments.
- Growth biased – We invest in quality assets with focus on sustainable growth.
- Fundamentals based – We invest fundamentally using a “Bottom Up” approach.
- Research driven – Decisions are driven by extensive macroeconomic, industry and company research.
- Integrated risk management – Risk management is embedded in the investment process.
- Regulatory body that supervises the Fund Manager:
- Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC)
- Key Investment Staff of the Fund Manager:
|Eric Appiah (Managing Partner)||Responsible for the Firm’s Corporate Finance practice globally, which includes fund raising, mergers & acquisitions and financial advisory. BSc. Mathematics & Statistics, MSc. in Corporate Risk & Security Management – University of Southampton|
|Selorm Selawoka (Portfolio Manager)||Responsible for the day-to-day management of the fixed income portfolio of assets.
BS. Statistics – Kwame Nkrumah University of Science & Technology, Kumasi; M.Sc. Financial Risk Management – University of Ghana Business School
|Albert Ofosu (Portfolio Manager)||Supports managing partner with advisory and corporate finance and portfolio manager with investment advisory. BSc. Business Administration – University of Ghana Business School.|
|Rita Yeboah (Portfolio Manager)||Responsible for the day-to-day management of pension fund portfolios. BSc. Commerce – University of Cape Coast|
|Felicia Ampofo (Portfolio Manager)||Responsible for research and data analysis for pension and mutual fund portfolios. BA Social Sciences (Economics and Sociology), University of Cape Coast; MSc International Economics, University of Tübingen, Germany|
Other Service Providers
- Petra Securities Limited – Promotor via Achieve Mobile App
- Petra Fund Services – Fund Administrator
- John Kay and Associates – Auditor
- Stanbic Bank Ghana Limited – Fund Custodian
Achieve offers a technology-enabled approach to investing by partnering with SEC licensed investment managers to provide you with carefully curated financial products that are tailored to meet your specific financial needs. Achieve also gives you access to expert investment advisors who will provide you with investment advice to enable you invest right and smart. In less than 5 minutes, you can put your money to work and your mind at ease.
Achieve is owned by Petra Securities Limited, a subsidiary of the Petra Group and a promoter and marketer of retail financial products.
Achieve – Dream. Execute. Achieve